Wrapped Brie with Caramelized Onions and Pepper Jelly
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 7 oz. round of Brie cheese
- 3 Tbsp. red or green pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper; cook until onions are golden. Add sherry, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is evaporated. Cool. Stir in pecans. Brush each phyllo sheet with melted butter, fold in half and place one on top of the other. Place on baking sheet, set Brie in center and top with pepper jelly. Gather phyllo up around sides of Brie to create a raised, ruffled edge. Spoon onions into middle, and brush sides of phyllo with remaining melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm with water biscuits. Serves 8.
- A nice box of chocolates provides your total daily intake of calories in one place. Isn’t that handy?
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/