- 1 cup hazelnuts 250 mL
- 1 cup butter, softened 250 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla 10 mL
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1⁄2 cup powdered (icing) sugar 125 mL
- Pinch salt Pinch
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam 250 mL
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Place hazelnuts on baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes or until fragrant. (Do not remove skins.) Chop finely in food processor or by hand; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. In another bowl, stir together flour, chopped hazelnuts, sugar and salt. Beat in flour mixture half at a time until crumbly dough forms and clumps when squeezed. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) for the topping.
- Press remaining dough in prepared pan. Spread raspberry jam over crust and sprinkle with reserved dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is set and edges are golden brown. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 32 bars.
- Freezer Friendly: Cut into bars and place in airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Tip: For a less sweet filling, substitute our Raspberry Chia Jam (page 32) for the store-bought jam.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/