- 1 bunch broccoli 1
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 45 mL
- 1 large garlic clove, minced 1
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp each salt and black pepper 1 mL
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley 45 mL
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest 5 mL
- Cut broccoli into 2-inch (5 cm) floret pieces. Peel stalks and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green, tender but firm. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 minute or until softened. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Add broccoli, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- In a small bowl, stir together parsley and lemon zest. Sprinkle over top of broccoli to serve. Serves 4.
- Cauliflower Variation: Substitute cauliflower for broccoli as in the photo.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/