Cauliflower or Broccoli Gremolata
This lemony side dish is an excellent added touch to your fish or seafood meal. Fresh lemon zest and parsley make the gremolata refreshing, while cooking the garlic softens it for those who are not fans of raw garlic.
- 1 bunch broccoli 1
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 45 mL
- 1 large garlic clove, minced 1
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp each salt and black pepper 1 mL
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley 45 mL
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest 5 mL
- Cut broccoli into 2-inch (5 cm) floret pieces. Peel stalks and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green, tender but firm. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 minute or until softened. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Add broccoli, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- In a small bowl, stir together parsley and lemon zest. Sprinkle over top of broccoli to serve. Serves 4.
- Cauliflower Variation: Substitute cauliflower for broccoli as in the photo.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/