Ever tried blue cheese paired with dark chocolate? It’s divine! These fudge-like squares are deliciously different, and can be stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them – perfect for summer nibbling.
This recipe features the 2013 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix winner in the Blue cheese and Organic cheese categories – Bleu D’Élizabeth, a beautiful organic semi-soft cheese from Quebec. But any blue will do – I like to support our local farmers and producers by choosing Canadian cheeses – some of the best in the world!
- 6 oz (180 g) dark chocolate
- 6 oz (180 g) pitted Medjool dates
- 3 oz (90 g) Bleu d’Élizabeth or other good-quality Canadian blue cheese, coarsely chopped
- Cocoa, for dusting
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Let cool.
- Process dates and cheese in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add melted chocolate and process until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with cocoa, and serve.