Here’s a restaurant favorite you can serve at home! Look for pancetta in the deli section of the grocery store, at the counter or sliced and packaged for ease of use.
Carbonara Pasta a restaurant favorite.
- 12 oz dried spaghetti
- 6 1⁄4-inch (0.5 cm) thick slices
- pancetta or guanciale (about 2 oz/60 g total), chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook pancetta for about 5 minutes or until slightly crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, parsley and pepper. Add egg mixture to hot drained pasta, place over medium heat and toss for about 30 seconds or until pasta is coated. Add pancetta and toss to combine. Serves 4.
- The eggs in this recipe are not fully cooked. If you are concerned about the food safety of raw eggs, substitute 3⁄4 cup (175 mL) pasteurized liquid whole eggs.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/