A guaranteed hit – easy and absolutely decadent! Prepare and freeze these serving-sized desserts ahead of the time, then cook them while you enjoy your dinner.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. instant espresso granules (or instant coffee granules)
- 1 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 6 – 1 oz. squares semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 10 1/2 oz. pkg. frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier liqueur (orange juice is a good substitute)
- To Make Volcanoes: Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Set aside to cool. Grease 6 – 4 oz. ramekins. Using a whisk, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder in a small bowl. Reserve. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Add butter and sugar and stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Using as electric mixer, beat in eggs 1 at a time on medium speed. Add dissolved coffee and flour mixture and continue beating until fully mixed. Raise mixer speed to high and beat for 6 more minutes (there must be something good on TV!). Pour batter into ramekins and tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or up to 2 weeks..
- To make raspberry coulis: Combine raspberries and sugar in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a sieve (or a clean j-cloth) to remove seeds. Add liqueur and store in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Take ramekins out of freezer and remove plastic wrap. Bake volcanoes for 18 minutes – no longer! Cool on rack for 5 minutes. The outsides will be crusty and the centers will be gooey – sort of like your average volcano. To serve, drizzle individual plates with raspberry coulis. Invert each ramekin onto a plate and add a small scoop of ice cream.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Midlife crisis: when the only thing you retain is water.
Join the discussion 4 Comments
where do we see an image of this bruh
Thanks for catching that! We’ve updated the recipe with the image.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.
So glad you and your family enjoy this!