Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Squares
Delicious Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Squares
- Brownie Base
- Three 1-oz (30 g) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) heavy or whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Four 1-oz (30 g) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries
- To make base: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with foil; grease and set aside. Combine chocolate, butter and jam in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Mix in sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Stir in flour, just until blended. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 20 to 35 minutes or until set. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To make topping: Combine cream, jam and butter in a saucepan. Heat to a simmer, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and add chocolate, stirring until smooth. Let stand until cool but still soft, about 30 minutes.
- Spread topping over brownie base. Immediately top with raspberries and chill until cold. Cut into small squares.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/