One of our all-time favourites!
- 3 lb. cut-up chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour
- 6 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 – 10 oz. can mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or vermouth)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 carrots, sliced
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces. Put flour in plastic bag and shake chicken in it. In frying pan, heat oil and brown chicken. Remove chicken to large casserole. Cook mushrooms in butter and add to casserole. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and mushrooms and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour. Serve over rice with a fresh green salad.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 5 Comments
Do you cook this dish in a covered casserole or uncovered?
I’ve had the pleasure of having this amazing dish served to us. Just HAD to have this recipe!!
Hi Carolyn, this is cooked uncovered. Enjoy!
An instant family favorite.
Okay, me again 🤣🤣 I want to serve this to eight people. Do I simply double the recipe? I’m assuming this recipe is for four, as in a bridge table 😁😁
Such a fabulous dish for a dinner party. I can do it all ahead of time!
Thanks so much and thank you also for your wonderful reply to my first question.
Yes, It can be doubled but use a larger casserole dish to cook to allow room for even cooking. May take slightly longer to bake fully so please check temperature before serving.