This easy combination of popcorn and nuts is the perfect snack to enjoy with your kids or grandkids while watching your favorite movies! It is also a wonderful hostess gift to bring when you’re invited for dinner (the kids may break into it early).
- 8 cups (2 L) popped popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) pecan halves
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) almonds
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, mix together popcorn, pecans and almonds. In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until a light caramel color. Pour over popcorn mixture, mix well and spread evenly to dry.
- Makes about 10 cups (2.5 L).