- 1 cup butter 250 ml
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar 75 ml
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice 5 ml
- 3 cups flour 750 ml
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecan halves 625 ml
Honey butter filling
- 3⁄4 cup butter 175 ml
- 1⁄2 cup honey 125 ml
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar 175 ml
- 3 tbsp. Cream 45 ml
- To make crust: preheat oven to 350°f (180°c). Thoroughly mix butter, sugar, egg, lemon juice and flour and press into a 10 x 15″ (25 x 38 cm) edged cookie sheet. Prick with a fork and bake for 20 minutes. Cover crust with pecan halves.
- To make filling: in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and honey. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil, whisking continuously, until dark brown, 5–7 minutes. Remove from heat and add cream. Mix and pour over crust. Return to oven for
- 20 minutes. Cool before cutting.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
A knife that cuts four loaves of bread simultaneously — a four loaf cleaver.