This recipe is just the ticket when you’re faced with a bumper crop of tomatoes and zucchini
- Easy and colorful.
- 3 medium zucchini, unpeeled 3
- 1⁄2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 4 large firm tomatoes 4
- 1⁄4 cup margarine 60 mL
- 1 medium onion, chopped 1
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1
- 1 tbsp brown sugar 15 mL
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 30 mL
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley 30 mL
- Grate zucchini coarsely and toss in a bowl with salt. Set aside for about 30 minutes. Remove stems and cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Remove pulp, chop and place in small bowl. Place tomato shells cut-side down and drain on paper towels. In frying pan, melt margarine and sauté onions and garlic until tender. Add tomato pulp. Simmer to evaporate moisture. Remove frying pan from heat. Drain all liquid from zucchini and stir into tomato mixture. Sprinkle each tomato shell with a little brown sugar. Place shells in an ovenproof dish. Spoon zucchini mixture into each. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25 minutes. Garnish tops with minced parsley.
- 6.3 grams of fat per serving
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Boy — a noise with dirt on it.