- 1 cup wild rice
- 10 oz. can chicken broth (salt reduced)
- 10 oz. can of water
- 10 pork sausages
- 1/2 lb (250 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Wash wild rice and combine with broth and water in a large covered pot. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer, cooking for 1 hour or until rice begins to open and is chewy. Remove to large mixing bowl.Cut sausage into small pieces and saute over medium heat until brown. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon and add to rice. Remove most of fat from skillet and saute onion and mushrooms. Add to rice mixture. In same skillet over medium heat, combine flour and cream stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add more cream or water if sauce becomes too thick. Add seasonings and cook gently for 3 minutes. Add sauce to rice. Spoon into large casserole dish and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Serves 10-12 delighted guests.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Can I make this and freeze it for two weeks?
Yes! This should freeze well for up to two months.