- 1 cup frozen mango cubes (see tip, opposite) 250 mL
- 1 cup coconut milk 250 mL
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth 125 mL
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice 15 mL
- 2 tsp soy sauce 10 mL
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar 5 mL
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste 10 mL
- 1 cup snow peas 250 mL
- 2 tsp cornstarch 10 mL
- 2 tsp water 10 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro 25 mL
- In a large bowl, combine mango, coconut milk, chicken broth, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Lightly brown chicken and, using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Add green onions, red pepper and curry paste to oil remaining in skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan. Add mango mixture, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Add snow peas and simmer for 1 minute. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to pan. Simmer, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
- Tip: Frozen, ready-peeled mango chunks are now sold in most supermarkets, usually in 21-oz (600 g) packages. Keep a bag in the freezer and you’ll find ways to use mango in soups, sauces, desserts and smoothies. There’s no need to thaw them for this recipe.
- Variation: Reduce the chicken breasts from 4 to 2. Add 2 cups (500 mL) rinsed drained canned chickpeas with the mango.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Speak the truth but leave immediately after.