Great with ham or turkey
- 4 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes 1L
- 2 Tbsp. cream or milk 30mL
- 1 tsp. salt 5mL
- 1/4 tsp. paprika 1 mL
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 125mL
- 1/3 cup butter 75mL
- 1 cup pecan halves, to cover casserole 250 mL
- Thoroughly mix potatoes, cream, salt and paprika. Spread in greased casserole. Make the topping by heating brown sugar and butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is barely melted. (It is important not to cook after butter is melted, or the topping will harden when casserole is heated.) Spread topping over potatoes and cover with pecan halves. Refrigerate until ready to heat. This casserole may be warmed in an oven of any temperature. Should be bubbling hot before servings. Serves 6-8.
- Book Reference – The Best of the Best (Page: 170), Enjoy (Page: 94)
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Can you make ahead then freeze?
Hi Judy, you can make the casserole and freeze. Be sure to thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating. The sweet potatoes might have a slight texture change, but will still be delicious.