- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1⁄3 cup butter 75 mL
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced 250 g
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 11⁄2 cups broccoli florets 375 mL
- 1 cup peas 250 mL
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut diagonally
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half cream 250 mL
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth 125 mL
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil 60 mL (or 1 tbsp/15 mL dried)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 12 small cherry tomatoes
- 11⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese 375 mL
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish, add 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour. (Or microwave using the same method, covered, on high until a skewer can penetrate the skin, about 20 minutes.)
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic until soft. Add broccoli, peas, zucchini and carrots. Stir. Add milk, chicken broth and basil. Boil briskly to reduce sauce a little, about 2 minutes. Add red pepper, green onions, cherry tomatoes and cheese. Heat thoroughly.
- Using a fork, scrape strands of squash into a large, heated, shallow casserole. Top immediately with hot vegetable mixture. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese. Serves 8 to 10.
- A babysitter: a teenager who comes to your home to act like an adult so you can go out and act like a teenager.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/