A great summer favourite
- 4 lb. (3 – 4 racks) pork babyback ribs
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp. hot chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. liquid honey
- Remove skin fom underside of ribs. (Place ribs meaty side down on a flat surface. Using point of a knife or your fingers, loosen skin and pull back along end of last rib. Grasp membrane with a paper towel or pliers and peel away. Discard.)
- To tenderize ribs, slice each rack in half and add to large pot of boiling water. Boil gently until ribs are fork tender (45 minutes). Drain.
- Stir hoisin, oyster, hot chili sauce and honey together.
- Generously coat ribs with sauce on each side. When ready to barbecue, spray grill and cook over medium heat, basting with sauce and turning often until well glazed, about 15 minutes.