A Best of Bridge classic
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe papaya (papayas are ripe when they have turned yellow)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- red onion slices
Papaya seed dressing
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. papaya seeds
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Wash and dry lettuce. Tear into bite-sized pieces and place in salad bowl.
- Halve and peel papaya. Scoop out seeds and save 2 Tbsp. of the seeds. Slice papaya.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender until papaya seeds have the appearance of ground pepper. Store dressing in refrigerator. Just before serving, add papaya, avocado and red onion slices to lettuce. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- You might have some dressing left over, but you’re going to want to make this salad again – soon!) Serves 6-8.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/