Another sneak peek from the forthcoming Best of Bridge Everyday Celebrations!
- Puff Pancake
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) allpurpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milk
- 11/2 tsp (7 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 5 oz (150 g) Brie cheese, cubed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 lb (500 g) assorted mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped chives
- Puff Pancake: Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Put oil in a 9- or 10 -inch (23 or 25 cm) cast-iron skillet, swirl to coat the bottom and place in oven as it heats. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, milk, thyme and salt until well combined. Pour mixture into hot skillet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Mushrooms: Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to brown and most of the liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, mustard and balsamic vinegar and cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep warm until pancake is ready.
- When pancake is done, remove from oven and top with cheese, warm mushroom mixture and chives. Cut into wedges.
- Keep the oven door closed while the pancake bakes to get maximum puff!
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
I have most, if not all of these wonderful cookbooks! Any entertaining I do includes recipes from Best of Bridge! Thanks to all who have contributed. I’ll look forward to this new addition.
The Best of Bridge cookbooks have been my go-to resource for recipes since I received my first copy from my friend in Calgary who was a friend of one of the original authors. They are The Best!!
Since my original copy, my Mom kept me up to date with each new publication. My library of recipes is well used as evidenced by their well-marked pages.
Thank you BofB for my many years of cooking inspiration and recipes!! It was a brilliant idea to record your favourites.