Use this sauce in any recipe calling for meat sauce such as spaghetti, lasagne or cannelloni
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 15 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. (796 ml) can tomatoes, chopped
- 14 oz. (398 ml) can tomato sauce
- 5 1/2 oz. (156 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, brown meat with spices, onion, mushrooms and garlic until onion is soft. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste and sugar. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, at least 1 hour. Correct seasonings to taste.
- Store in containers and freeze.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/