- 1 cup salted peanuts, pecans or cashews 250 mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup 125 mL
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp butter 5 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- Stir first four ingredients together in an 8-cup (2 L) measuring cup or very large microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir well. Cook for 4 more minutes. Stir in butter and vanilla. Cook for 1 minute more. Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy. Spread mixture quickly on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool for an hour. Break into pieces. Makes about 3 dozen pieces.
- This classic recipe was created about 25 years ago. It's just as delicious as it was then, but some microwaves may be more powerful than they used to be. Watch all stages carefully to make sure it doesn't burn!
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
Usually best of bridge are perfect. Cooked this peanut brittle as per the recipe and it tastes burnt. Now I need to throw out. Very strange….Best of Bridge is always perfect. Someone needs to adjust this one.
Thank you for your note. Some microwaves will definitely be more powerful than they were when this recipe was created. We’ve added a note to the recipe page.