This is a sure-fire hit!
- 2 small oions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter 30 mL
- 3-10 oz. pkgs. frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry 3-283g
- 2-14 oz. pkgs. frozen puff pastry,rolled to 1/8" 2-397g
- 3/4 lb. Forest ham, sliced 375g
- 1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, grated 500g
- 2 red peppers, seeded & diced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze pastry
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter. Stir in spinach.
- Line a 10" (25 cm) spingform pan with pastry, making sure it overlaps the sides. Layer 1/2 the ham, 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the red pepper, 1/2 the spinach mixture into the pie shell. Pour in 1/2 the beaten eggs. Repeat layers - pan will be full.
- Cover with pastry and slash the top to allow steam to escape. Brush the top crust with beaten egg. Bake at 400 deg.F (200 deg.C) for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 deg.F (180 deg.C)and bake for 45 minutes.
- If the crust becomes too brown, cover lightly (don't seal) with foil. Cool the pie for 15 minutes and remove springform.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/