This one is for Michele.
This elegant starter or main-course salad first appeared in 2008’s A Year of the Best (Chef Vincent Parkinson was co-author on this one-off collection) and then it was reprinted in The Rest of the Best and More recipe collection. A perfect summer salad.
Honey-Chive Salad Dressing
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar 30 mL
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice 5 mL
- 1 ¼ CUPs canola oil 300 mL
- 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp. liquid honey 15 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt
- 3 mangoes, peeled & sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 24 large, raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp. CANOLA oil 15 mL
- 1 medium jicama, peeled & sliced
- ¼ English cucumber, peeled & cut in strips
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. mixed lettuce
- To make dressing: whisk egg yolk, gradually adding vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in oil. Add remaining ingredients, shake well and refrigerate.
- Toss mango with lime juice.
- Coat shrimp with Cajun seasoning and quickly pan-fry in oil until just cooked (pink).
- Divide lettuce among 6 plates. Arrange mango and vegetables on lettuce. Drizzle with honey-chive dressing and place shrimp on each salad. Serves 6.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/