The perfect make-ahead winter dessert. You can make and freeze the puddings and the toffee sauce will keep indefinitely in the fridge (or until the kids find it!) and it serves 8
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Butter 8, 1/2 cup ramekins. Bring water to a boil and add vanilla and baking soda, then add dried cranberries and set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Lightly beat eggs and gradually add to butter mixture in 3 stages.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and gently fold into batter. Fold cranberry mixture into batter. Portion into ramekins and bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes.
- To prepare Toffee Sauce, combine sauce ingredients in saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- To serve, remove puddings from ramekins by running a knife around edge. Invert on plate and drizzle with warm Toffee Sauce.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
I just made the sticky toffee puddings and double checked the oven temperature because they took almost an hour to bake! After 25 minutes they were nowhere near done.
Any thoughts you could share? Thanks
Good to know Suzy! Thanks! ^JVR