This delicious recipe transforms simple rice into a wonderful dinner or side dish and it’s excellent with grilled seafood or chicken
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 shallots or green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup arborio or short grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 large carrot cut into 1″ matchsticks
- 1 small bunch asparagus spears, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- fresh basil or parsley
- In large saucepan, heat oil and cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic and pepper until vegetables are tender but not brown.
- Add rice and cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir broth and wine into rice mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (do not lift cover). Remove from heat.
- Stir in carrots, asparagus, Parmesan and lemon zest. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add a little additional water, if necessary for the desired consistency.
- Garnish with basil or parsley.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/