Your next favourite appetizer – rally round the chaffing dish.
- 1 lb. (500 g.)lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chili Grape Sauce
- 12 oz. (341 ml) bottle chili sauce
- 10 oz. (284 ml) jar grape jelly
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Mix ground beef with egg, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Roll into balls 1″ in diameter. Heat chili sauce, jelly, lemon juice, brown sugar and soy sauce in a large pot. Bring to a boil and add uncooked meatballs. Simmer meatballs in sauce for 30 minutes. Serve in a chafing dish. (avec toothpicks!) Makes about 50 balls. Freezes well.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
With jelly balls- is it safe to use the sauce after cooking seeing that the meat was raw to start- thanks
Hi Pat, yes, the sauce is safe to eat. Try to finish within 3 days. Enjoy!