Great for crowds and kids! Tastes good warmed up if there’s any left
Japanese Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed 1.5 kg
- UPDATE: Buy drummettes and remove skin – it’s more work, but it’s healthier
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour 75ml
- 1 cup butter 250ml
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce 45 ml
- 3 Tbsp. water 45ml
- 1 cup white sugar 250ml
- 1/2 cup vinegar 125ml
- Cut wings in half. Dip in slightly beaten egg and then in flour. Fry in butter until deep brown and crisp. Place in shallow roasting pan. Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken wings. Bake at 350 F (180C) for 1/2 hour. Baste wings with sauce during cooking.
- Baste wings with sauce during cooking.
- Book Reference – The Complete Best of Bridge Cookbooks – Vol. 1 (Page: 186), The Best of Bridge, Royal Treats for Entertaining (Page: 104)
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
The race track is where one filly can be another man’s folly.