- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 19 oz.can (540 ml) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)*
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. water or chick pea liquid
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In food processor or blender, mince garlic. Add chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, oil, water, cumin and salt; process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Transfer to serving bowl. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
- *If you’re out of tahini, peanut butter makes a good substitute.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 2 Comments
I can’t find your receipe for cheese ball
It was in one of the earlier volumes
Hi Anne, thanks for contacting us. If you are referring to the Ham and Cheese Ball, it can be found in ENJOY! More recipes from the Best of Bridge, page 49 (yellow book). It is also in The Complete Best of Bridge Cookbooks, Volume 1, page 108. Enjoy!