- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (30 wafers) 250 mL
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped 125 mL
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted 60 mL
- 4 cups strawberries 1 L
- 12 oz good-quality white chocolate 375 g
- 4 oz cream cheese 125 g
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar 60 mL
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur or frozen 60 mL
- orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 2 cups whipping (35%) cream 500 mL
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine wafer crumbs, almonds and butter. Press into bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- Wash, dry and hull berries. Reserve a couple for garnish. Cut a few strawberries in half, lengthwise, and press flat sides all around side of springform pan. Arrange whole berries, points up, on crust.
- Chop chocolate and melt in double boiler or microwave. Cool slightly. Beat cheese until smooth, then beat in sugar. Mix in liqueur (or juice) and vanilla. Slowly beat in chocolate.
- Whip the cream. Stir about one-third of the cream into chocolate mixture and fold in the remainder. Pour over berries, shaking pan gently to fill in between berries.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (overnight is fine). Remove sides and bottom of springform pan. Dust with cocoa and garnish with reserved strawberries. Serves 12.
- It's true that money talks... mine just said goodbye.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/