- 1 Tbsp. Butter 15 mL
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped (use it all - honest!)
- 4 cups chicken broth 1 L
- 6 oz. cheese tortellini 170 g
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, with liquid 398 mL OR 21⁄2 cups skinned, chopped fresh ripe tomatoes (625 mL)
- 10 oz. bag of spinach, stems removed 300 g
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped 8-10
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté about 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook halfway (about 5 minutes if frozen, less if using fresh). Add tomatoes and their liquid; reduce heat to simmer and cook just until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and basil and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serves 4.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/