Celebrate the season with one of our favourite summer salads
- 1 whole, boneless chicken breast 1
- 1 tbsp. Tabasco 15 mL
- vegetable oil for frying
- 3 soft corn tortillas, cut in 1/4 inch strips 3
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in strips 1/2
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, sliced in strips 1 L
- 4 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar 30 mL
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 125 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
To prepare chicken
- Cut chicken breast into 1/4 inch strips and toss with Tabasco. Heat oil (1/4 inch deep) until hot in heavy skillet. Fry tortilla strips quickly until golden. Set on paper towel to drain. Season with salt. Pour off all but a little oil and saute chicken for 2 - 3 minutes. Set aside.
To prepare dressing
- Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- To prepare salad: Place lettuce, peppers and chicken in a bowl and toss with dressing. Serve on individual plates and arrange tortilla strips on top.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/