- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) flour
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (25 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (10 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (25 mL)shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) glazed cherries, snipped
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)sugar
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) cream
- Crust: Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter (mealy texture). Press firmly into bottom of a lightly greased 8″ x 8″ cake pan. Bake at 350F (180C) for 20 minutes.
- Filling: In a medium bowl beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and vanilla. In a second bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to sugar mixture. Gently mix in remaining ingredients. Spread over cooked crust and return to a 300F (150C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes until top is set and lightly brown.
- Icing: Cream butter. Add icing sugar alternately with cream until spreading consistency is reached. Spread over cooled cake.
- The good thing about spoiled children is that you never have any in your own family.
- Book Reference – The Best of Bridge (Page: 195)
- Share on facebookShare on printShare on emailShare on twitter
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/