A fool proof candy for christmas gift-giving
- 1 lb.(500 g) good quality white chocolate
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL)shelled pistachios (you must buy the nuts in their shells – but do buy extra as you’ll have to bribe
- the pistachio sheller!)
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Let cool to room tempeature. Roast pistachios at 350F (180c) for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Stir cranberries and pistachios into melted chocolate. Pour onto foil-lined 10″x15″ (25 x 38 cm) edged cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then break into pieces. Makes about 1 1/2 pounds (750 g)