A delicious and never fail moist white cake and half the work of a regular Christmas cake and it freezes well
Christmas Cherry Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 12 oz. sultana raisins
- 8 oz. halved red glace cherries (or use half red and half green cherries)
- Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs and orange juice.
- Sift four and baking powder. Reserve 1/3 cup of flour mixture and toss with raisins and cherries (This will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.)
- Add floured raisins and cherries to dough.
- Bake in a large greased, wax paper lined loaf pan at 300 F. for 2 1/2 hours.
- Don’t serve until several days old. Wrap in plastic or foil wrap and store in a sealed container.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/