This simple citrus soufflé is a refreshing finale for a big dinner and serves 6-8.
Chilled Lemon Souffle
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin (1 pkg.) 15mL
- 1/4 cup cold water 60mL
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar 250 mL
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 125mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest 22mL
- 1 cup whipping cream 250mL
- Place gelatin in water and set aside to soften. In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in the sugar, lemon juice and zest. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in softened gelatin and cook until dissolved, 1-2 minutes. Pour into large mixing bowl and allow to cool. Whip cream until soft peaks form, do not overbeat. Fold whipped cream into chilled lemon mixture until blended. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into lemon-cream mixture. Spoon mixture into a glass dish and refrigerate until set – about 2 hours.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/