- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil 75 ml
- 6 – 8 Roma Tomatoes, Coarsely Chopped
- Handful of Chopped Fresh Basil
- 24″ Baguette 61 cm
- Grated Provolone, Fontina or Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- In a shallow bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper and a few drops of oil. Mash with the back of a wooden spoon to make a paste. Stir in Olive oil. Add tomatoes and basil. Toss gently and set aside. Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Brush each half with additional oil and place under a preheated broiler until golden brown. Spoon tomato mixture onto each half and drizzle with remaining oil. (If desired, sprinkle with grated cheese) Broil – watch carefully! Cut and serve immediately.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion One Comment
Awesome recipe. So simple and flavourful. In a pinch I use dried Basil and mix it ahead of time to absorb the flavours.