When you have a quiet breakfast for two, it can be a very special morning.
- 4 breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 2 large whole wheat flour tortillas (about 10 inches/25 cm each)
- 1 cup (250 mL) leftover scrambled eggs (see Tip)
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mild salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cooked beans (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sliced green onion (optional)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- Pinch each salt and black pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Sour cream, hot sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble in sausages and cook, stirring to break up meat until no longer pink. Scrape onto paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay tortillas onto flat work surface and divide eggs in half, on center of each. Top each with bacon and cooked sausage and salsa. Sprinkle each with cheese, beans and onion, if using, and top with avocado. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Fold in sides and end of the tortilla and roll up. Wrap each in foil and place on prepared pan. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and hot sauce, if using.
- Make ahead: Wrap the burritos and refrigerate up to 2 days. Add about 5 minutes to the oven time when warming up.
- To make scrambled eggs: In a bowl, whisk 3 large eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Heat a little butter or oil in a small nonstick skillet and pour in eggs.
- Cook, stirring gently for about 2 minutes or until fluffy and just cooked through. Breakfast sausages can come in different sizes, so if your sausages are a bit on the large size you will only need two for the recipe. This is a great recipe to use up any leftover beans you have around, like black beans, white beans, baked beans or even chickpeas!
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/