Use gluten-free oats and you’ve got an easy and delicious gluten-free, dairy-free breakfast!
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas 250 mL (about 3 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk 250 mL
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats 500 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- ¼ tsp salt 1 mL
- In a blender, place bananas, eggs, milk, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Allow batter to rest 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Meanwhile, oil or spray a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. For each pancake, scoop ¼ cup (60 mL) batter onto skillet.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on top. Flip pancakes over and cook for 1 minute or until golden brown. Transfer pancakes to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan and adjusting heat as needed between batches.
- Makes about 14 pancakes.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat in microwave or toaster oven.
- Serve with your favourite toppings, such as maple syrup, yogurt, banana slices, chopped nuts or fresh berries.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/