A very showy and easy way to celebrate fresh raspberries. We like to “demo” this recipe in front of live audiences -it always works and we get rave reviews
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Grand Marnier liqueur or orange juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 cups raspberries
- good quality chocolate bar to make chocolate curls
- Grease a 9″ springform pan and line with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine almonds, flour and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in cocoa and sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick; gradually blend in cocoa mixture. Stir in almond mixture.
- In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar. Fold whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 375 F. for 25 or 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of torte and remove sides of springform pan. Gently peel off parchment paper.
- (The torte will fall in middle, but don’t worry, you can fill it with whipped cream!)
- Drizzle 3 Tbsp. Grand Marnier over cake. Cool completely and wrap with plastic wrap. This can be stored in refrigerator for two days.
- Whip cream and fold in Grand Marnier. Spread on torte and decorate with berries and chocolate curls.
- To make chocolate curls: Shave room temperature chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler directly onto the cake. Be sure to scatter some on the plate for a “chefly” look!!
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/