When the boss comes to dinner
- 4 lbs. beef tenderloin 2 kg
- 1/2 cup butter – melted 125 mL
- 3/4 lb. mushrooms – sliced 340 g
- 1 1/2 cups green onions – sliced 375 mL
- 2 tsp. dry mustard 10 mL
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 15 mL
- 1 tsp. salt 5 mL
- Leave tenderloin in whole piece. Place in pan on rack in 500 degree oven for 30 minutes. Use meat thermometer – 30 minutes will cook beef to medium stage. While meat is cooking, saute the mushrooms and green onion in the melted butter with mustard for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook an additional 5 minutes. Keep warm on back of stove. Cut meat into thick slices. Serve with sauce and oven baked wild rice.
- Serves 8.
I may rise – but I refuse to shine!