- 1 large boneless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise 30 mL
- 1⁄2 to 1 tsp curry powder 2 to 5 mL
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 package (14 oz/400 g) puff pastry
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) asparagus, well-drained (or 12 fresh small asparagus, blanched)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- In a food processor, purée chicken, mayonnaise, curry, salt and pepper until smooth. Roll pastry into a 14- by 10-inch (35 by 25 cm) rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 3 even strips. Spread chicken mixture along one side of each strip of pastry. Place asparagus spears lengthwise beside chicken mixture. Brush edges of pastry with egg. Roll pastry over to close completely. Brush top with egg, cut rolls diagonally into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 350°F (180°C); bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/
Join the discussion 3 Comments
Confused. The picture does not seem to match recipe. Recipe indicates that asparagus and chicken mixture are wrapped in pastry, but photo shows asparagus pieces on top of pastry. ????
Hi Joan, you are absolutely right! This book and photo was published in 2010 and obviously the food stylist at the time took some artistic liberties. Sorry if this has caused any confusion. If you can disregard the photo and try the recipe as written, you will get tasty results.
Glad it wasn’t just me who was a bit mixed up with the photo & directions, I read it over at least 3 times?