- This loaf has a soft vanilla flavor that keeps you coming back for more.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour 175 mL
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- Pinch salt Pinch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar 175 mL
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened 125 mL
- 2 large eggs 2
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3) 250 mL
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or vanilla-flavored 125 mL
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts 125 mL
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8- by 4-inch (20 by 10 cm) loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir to moisten. Add walnuts (if using) and stir to combine. Scrape into prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then transfer loaf to the rack to cool completely. Makes 10 to 12 slices.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/