Madras Chicken Skewers
Marinate the chicken overnight, and you're good to go the next day
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 4
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise 75 mL
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney 75 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 25 mL
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice 25 mL
- 1 tsp chili powder 5 mL
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander 2 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp salt 1 mL
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound lightly with a rolling pin or the bottom of a skillet to flatten. Cut chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) long strips.
- Marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chutney, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander and salt.
- Add chicken to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Soak eight 10-inch (25 cm) wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes (or use metal skewers). Meanwhile, preheat barbecue grill to medium. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, and thread onto skewers. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is browned and no longer pink inside.
- Serves 4.
- Tip: Watch the chicken carefully while you're grilling it - it will cook quickly.
- Variation: Apricot or peach jam may be used in place of the mango chutney.
The Best of Bridge https://www.bestofbridge.com/