No fuss gourmet. Serve this with salad for a low cal and delicious dinner
- 8 oz scallops 250 g
- 12 oz raw shrimp (tails on) 375 g
- 1 cantaloupe melon (30 balls) 1
- 1 honeydew melon (30 balls) 1
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice 60 mL
- 2 tbsp butter, melted 30 mL
- 1⁄4 cup brie cheese (remove skin) 60 mL
- 1⁄4 cup light cream 60 mL
- On six 8-inch (20 cm) skewers, alternate seafood and melon balls. Mix lemon juice and butter. Broil kabobs 10 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with lemon juice mixture. (Seafood should be opaque.) In a small saucepan, melt cheese and gradually whisk in cream. Drizzle the cheese mixture over kabobs. Broil until golden brown. Serve over rice. Serves 6.
- Note: 2 lbs (1 kg) of firm fish such as monkfish, shark or swordfish is a tasty alternative to the scallops and shrimp.
- What you seize is what you get!
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/