Asparagus Chicken Puffs
Store bought puff pastry makes these sumptuous appetizers so easy to make - leaving you with more time to mingle with family and friends.
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, 1
- cooked and cubed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise 30 mL
- 1⁄2 to curry powder 2 to
- 1 tsp 5 mL
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 package (14 oz/400 g) puff pastry 1
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) asparagus, 1
- well-drained (or 12 fresh small
- asparagus, blanched)
- 1 egg, beaten 1
- Sesame seeds
- In a food processor, purée chicken, mayonnaise, curry, salt and pepper until smooth. Roll pastry into a 14- by 10-inch (35 by 25 cm) rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 3 even strips. Spread chicken mixture along one side of each strip of pastry. Place asparagus spears lengthwise beside chicken mixture. Brush edges of pastry with egg. Roll pastry over to close completely. Brush top with egg, cut rolls diagonally into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Lower temperature to 350°F (180°C); bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/