Do you still have a few leftovers from a late Christmas celebration? This indulgent brunch dish is designed to use up leftover holiday eggnog and cranberry sauce. If you don’t have any eggnog left in the house, substitute with 1 1/2 cups of milk and 1/2 a cup of whipping cream (and you can always buy canned cranberry sauce if you don’t have any homemade leftover).Read More
What a way to end the day – and start the next! Serve with fruit or maple syrup
Midnight French Toast
- 12 eggs 12
- 1⁄2 cup cream 125 mL
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract 2 mL
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur or orange juice 30 mL
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced 1 inch 1
- (2.5 cm) thick
- Mix eggs, cream, vanilla, orange zest and liqueur in 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) pan. Place sliced bread in pan, making sure slices are well coated. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Place in fridge overnight.
- Next morning, place bread slices on a well-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serves 6.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
Treat her like a thoroughbred and you won’t end up with a nag!