Day-O! Hey, Mister Tallyman, tally this one!
Best-Ever Banana Bread
- Makes 2 loaves.
- 1 cup butter 250 mL
- 2 cups granulated sugar 500 mL
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5) 625 mL
- 4 eggs, well beaten 4
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour 625 mL
- 2 tsp baking soda 10 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg 5 mL
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs and beat until well mixed. Mix dry ingredients and blend with banana mixture, but do not overmix. Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans or a 10-inch (25 cm) Bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes; test for doneness (toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean) and cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Freezes beautifully.
- Tip: Freeze overripe bananas in their skins in a plastic bag.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
There are three types of people: those that make it happen, those that watch it happen and those who sit around and say “What the heck’s happening?”