This appetizer is always a big hit and best of all it’s not difficult to make
- 7 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/2 cup butter, melted 125 mL
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan 125 mL
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella 375 mL
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. oregano 5 mL
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh herb sprigs – thyme, oregano, rosemary
- To exercise is human – not to is divine!
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.F (190 deg.C). To thaw and prepare phyllo, follow package instructions. Place first sheet of phyllo on baking sheet, brush with butter and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp.(15 mL) Parmesan cheese. Repeat until all sheets are used. Press firmly so layers will stick together. Sprinkle top sheet with Mozzarella and onions. Arrange tomato slices on top. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges are golden. Decorate with herbs and cut into squares. Note: Olives, anchovies, peppers can also be used – but don’t overload as this is a delicate crust!
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/