It’s called Spring Borscht, but be sure to make this in the summer and Fall, when fresh beets can be found everywhere
- 10 to 12 medium beets, cubed or shredded 10 to 12
- 1 medium onion, chopped 1
- 3 to 4 medium carrots, chopped 3 to 4
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped 1
- 1 small cabbage, shredded 1
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill 30 mL
- 1 tbsp pickling spice 15 mL
- 1 10-oz (284 mL) can tomato soup 1
- Low-fat sour cream for garnish
- Place vegetables and spices in a 4-quart (4 L) Dutch oven, cover with water and cook until tender. (the pickling spices can be tied in a cheesecloth or placed in a tea leaf holder.) Add the tomato soup. Serve with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of sour cream.
- Serves 6.
- Note: If the beets are mature, cook them in their skins, remove and cool. Pop off skins, cube or shred and add back to the soup.
- Common knowledge is a source cited for a fact you just made up.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/