Delicious and healthy
Roasted Salmon Salad w Honey Vinaigrette
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 8 dried apricots, sliced
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 cups spinach leaves, stems removed and washed
- 2 cups sliced yellow peppers
- 2 cups sliced red peppers
- 3 Tbsp. chopped toasted pecans
- To make vinaigrette: In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar, water, cranberries and apricots. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Strain and reserve liquid and fruits. Combine liquid with mustard, honey and oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until fork tender.
- Divide spinach among 4 plates. Top with yellow and red peppers. Place a cooked salmon fillet on top of each salad and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Drizzle dressing over and add some of the reserved fruit.
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
An older woman will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask what you think. They don’t care what you think.