A classic pair in a classic dessert
Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted 175ml
- 1 1/2 cups flour 375ml
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 125ml
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest 7ml
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1ml
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 125ml
- 4 cups 1″ (2.5cm)pieces of rhubarb 1L
- 2 cups sliced strawberries 500ml
- 3 Tbsp. flour 45ml
- 1/2 cup sugar 125ml
- To Make Topping: Preheat over to 350F (180C). Spread pecans on a baking sheet and place in oven for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove and let cool. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside. Stir together flour, brown sugar, orange zest and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the softened butter and mix with a fork to form a crumbly mixture; add pecans and stir into mixture until evenly distributed.
- Serves 8
The Best of Bridge http://www.bestofbridge.com/
OK – So What’s The Speed Of Dark?